Hire a Property Manager. The top 5 reasons on why a professional property management company will benefit you.
1. Rent Collection and Depositing – not getting the rent check just one month can kill your return on investment. Having to constantly remind tenants that their rent is due or late can be a real pain. A good property manager will have systems in place to effectively collect rent online, charge late fees and maintain on-time payments, notices and evictions.
2. Rates for Rent – A good property management company knows the area they are managing. They know how much your property can be rented for and can keep the vacancy rates and advertising costs as low as possible.
3. Securing Tenants– finding good tenants can be very time-consuming. A property manager can take care of securing all background checks, credit reports, employment verification, and verifications of rent and showing the property. By hiring a property manager, you will not have to deal with tenant disputes, conflict resolution and emergency maintenance.
4. Professional Network. Property managers develop relationships with professionals in related fields, such as maintenance workers, tradesmen, vendors, suppliers and contractors that you do not have. Because of the bulk of business that a property manager gives these professionals, they can provide quality work at a discount.
5. Time – Enjoying your life while just having the rents deposited into your bank account is probably why you got into real estate investing. Real estate income is not passive if you are spending all your time maintaining the property, handling tenants and keeping the books. A Property Manager is an investment, not an expense, you want to own your own time.